Wolf Greenfield currently has an opening for a great opportunity as the Director of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the management of the Firm’s Human Resources functions and for the development, implementation and administration of related Firm policies as well as ensures statutory and regulatory compliance. This position will also oversee exempt and non-exempt staff members’ recruiting, selection, training and development, performance evaluations, salary administration, employee relations, counseling, disciplining, discharging, job design, resource allocation and other human resource functions. In addition, the Director of Human Resources will manage firm-wide benefits administration, personnel data systems, and payroll functions. The ideal candidate would have experience with exercising economic discretion and is both responsive and creative in identifying and meeting the needs of the Firm.
- Partners with Firm leadership to develop, implement, maintain and improve human resource strategies, systems and processes to ensure development and retention of employees, attraction of talent and the maintenance of a competitive benefits portfolio.
- Manages all members of the Human Resources Staff.
- Ensures Firm’s compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Identifies exempt and nonexempt staff requirements and job designs and coordinates the recruitment, hiring and orientation of such employees, including permanent and temporary placements.
- Oversees the orientation for new employees.
- Responsible for the salary administration program for exempt staff and nonexempt staff.
- Oversees and negotiates all aspects of the benefits administration for the Firm including communication and administration.
- Coordinates performance reviews and evaluations for exempt and nonexempt staff.
- Responsible for the general supervision of staff and allocation of staff resources.
- Responsible for the administering of counseling and disciplinary actions of exempt and nonexempt staff, including discharging as necessary. Assists in the counseling and disciplinary actions of attorneys/technology specialists.
- Develops, implements and monitors the Firm’s Policy Manuals ensuring they support the Firm’s vision and culture and that there is compliance with legal requirements and governmental regulation.
- Coordinates and oversees all employee relations programs and activities for the Firm.
- Maintains and updates all personnel data systems for the Firm.
- Manages the payroll system and functions for all employees.
- Oversees all firm-wide events.
- Knowledge of human resource administration at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or equivalent with approximately five to eight years of progressively more responsible work experience to gain the expertise needed to administer a complex human resource system.
- Experience in employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety, training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality