It is your chance to join one of the leading firms in intellectual property law for close to 90 years. Wolf Greenfield has assisted leading companies, innovative startups, major research universities and Nobel Prize winners protect their intellectual property rights. Wolf Greenfield currently has an opening for an International Filing Paralegal. The International Filing Paralegal works as part of a team that provides firm-wide service for foreign patent prosecution.
- Files PCT, National Phase, Design and US National applications; maintains all types of foreign patent application from filing through grant. Corresponds with foreign associates regarding new filings and existing patent applications.
- Monitors deadlines for assigned caseload and prioritizes work accordingly to ensure that all foreign deadlines are satisfied.
- Reviews incoming correspondence, confirms docketing, processes invoices, and reports to client as required.
- Coordinates with attorneys for responses to official actions and other actions requiring substantive feedback.
- Provides resource to firm members concerning foreign patent rules.
- Completes all responsibilities in compliance with the firm's policies, processes and procedures.
- Assists with maintenance and quality control of digital files for assigned caseload.
- Assist attorneys with projects related to foreign applications/patents as needed including but not limited to title perfections, file intake, status reports, budgets, due diligence, etc.
- Assists other paralegals within group, as required.
- Billing goal of 1200 hours annually.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of prior experience with foreign filing and/or patent prosecution required.
- Must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work as a team member and to work independently and analytically.
- Must be attentive to detail, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to prioritize tasks.
- Must possess competency in IP related software applications
- Knowledge of CPI and IPDAS software is a plus.
In addition, we respect work/life balance. One way we preserve our core values is by maintaining one of the lowest paralegal billable hour goals at major Boston law firms, while at the same time offering highly competitive salaries. We have a history of offering great flexibility to our long term employees.
We are committed to the professional development of our employees, and are dedicated to hiring and keeping the best people by investing in our employees over the long term through formal and informal training programs. At Wolf Greenfield, you will share in an informal atmosphere where the exchange of questions, thoughts and ideas is open and encouraged.