We have a wonderful opportunity to join our growing firm in the Human Resources Department. The Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (including but not limited to: health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance, travel and accident plan, pet insurance, retirement plan, pre-tax spending plans including health, dependent care and transit). The Benefits Administrator provides excellent customer service and quality benefits plans, investigates new benefits programs, makes recommendations to improve existing programs, and administers the benefit programs. This position requires strong analytical abilities and will be asked to provide analytical and technical support in anything related to the delivery of the benefit programs.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle all enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes in coverage, beneficiaries, AD&D, Life Insurance, Supplemental Plans. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain benefit data in HRIS system.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Coordinate reporting and sharing of data to external contacts. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Stay up to date with procedural documentation for all benefit administration processes. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and work with HR Assistant on vendor invoices.
- Oversee a variety of established benefit related programs and processes such as open enrollment and initiate the creation of professional collateral and branding for programs. Research, design and coordinate new programs (example: wellness, mindfulness) and education opportunities to not only promote firm benefit offerings but also promote themes such as healthy living, eating right and exercise.
- Work with HR Assistant to audit and process monthly vendor invoices. Facilitate payment for specialized offerings such as subsidy payments for employees.
- Work closely with department management to review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding possible modifications in benefits programs.
- Keep apprised of any legal or regulatory changes that may impact benefits and propose approach or resolution for challenges.
- Works closely with Payroll Coordinator on bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing, including review of timecard entries for non-exempt employees, as well as compensation and benefit changes. Acts as payroll back up for coordinator. Occasionally will be responsible to process payroll for either our semi-monthly or bi-weekly payroll processes.
- Coordinate unemployment related paperwork and maintain unemployment records, notices. Ensure that rate information is communicated to the correct internal parties such as payroll and accounting.
- Participate in benefits surveys.
- Provide stellar customer support to internal and external customers with the willingness to always to that extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participate in non-benefit or payroll related departmental projects and priorities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relatable major along with 3-5 years of professional work experience in benefits administration in a professional services setting.
- Experience in benefits administration, compliance and planning.
- Hands on experience with ADP payroll processing.
- Expert level experience using Excel with strong analytical skills. Along with familiarity with using HRIS systems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with experience and comfort working closely with all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- High degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain confidential information.