For nearly a century, Wolf Greenfield has helped clients protect their most valuable intellectual property. Now with over 130 legal professionals based in Boston and New York, the firm offers a full range of IP services, including patent prosecution and litigation; post-grant proceedings, including IPRs; opinions and strategic counseling; licensing; intellectual property audits and due diligence; trademark and copyright prosecution and litigation; and other issues related to the commercialization of intellectual property.
What sets Wolf Greenfield apart?
- Our focus on intellectual property. Since our founding in 1927, our focus has been exclusively IP. Whether representing multinational corporations like Sony, prestigious universities and research institutions like MIT and Harvard, or “unicorn” startups, our firm is structured around providing top-quality service to clients whose IP is at the core of their business.
- Our unmatched technical know-how. More than two-thirds of our attorneys and technology specialists have a master’s degree, PhD or MD, and more than half have industry experience in science or technology. As a result, our professionals speak the language of scientists and engineers and get up to speed quickly, allowing them to work more effectively and efficiently.
- Our dedication to helping clients achieve their business goals. We know that IP doesn’t exist in a vacuum. We learn our clients’ businesses and apply our knowledge of their industries, competitors and markets to create IP strategies that simultaneously enhance the value of their IP and achieve their business goals.
- Our culture of inclusiveness and collegiality. We began as a family firm, and though we’ve grown by leaps and bounds, our firm is still a place where people know not only each other’s names, but the names of each other’s children and which sports they play. Our market-leading retention rate means that our attorneys stick around, and build strong and long-lasting relationships with each other and with our clients—many of whom have worked with us for decades.
- Our commitment to public service. We believe we have a professional obligation to give back to our communities and promote equal access to justice for all. We are deeply committed to doing pro bono legal work and supporting community organizations that provide legal services to those without the financial means to pay for an attorney. Our firm is only as strong as the communities in which we live and practice law each day.