Libbie DiMarco co-chairs the firm's Washington, DC office. Libbie is an intellectual property litigator focusing her practice primarily on complex patent litigation in Federal District Court and before the US International Trade Commission (ITC). Libbie's experience covers all phases of litigation across a broad range of technologies, including data storage devices and systems, mobile and other electronic devices, chipsets, high-speed electrical connectors, printer cartridges, medical devices, and chemical products and processes. She also handles intellectual property enforcement proceedings before the US Customs and Border Protection.
Libbie has more than a decade of litigation experience and has been recognized as a Massachusetts Rising Star by Super Lawyers and an Up & Coming Lawyer by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
Prior to joining Wolf Greenfield, Libbie clerked for the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
International Trade Commission Experience
- Represented Google before the International Trade Commission in investigation involving location sharing software and mobile devices. Certain Location-Sharing Systems, Related Software, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same, 337-TA-1347.
- Represented Google before the International Trade Commission in investigation involving voice controllable audio player devices and networked audio player devices. Certain audio players and components thereof, 337-TA-1329, -1330.
- Represented Google before the International Trade Commission in investigation involving power semiconductors, and mobile devices and computers. Certain Power Semiconductors, and Mobile Devices and Computers Containing Same, 337-TA-1308.
- Represented Amphenol Corporation as day-to-day case lead in complex multiple patent investigation against Luxshare Precision related to electrical connectors. Certain Electrical Connectors, Cages, Components, and Products Containing the Same, 337-TA-1241.
- Represented Aster Graphics in patent investigation related to printer cartridges. Certain Toner Cartridges, Components Thereof, and Systems Containing Same, 337-TA-1194.
- Represented Sony in Enforcement proceedings before the International Trade Commission and in related 177 Rulings Request proceedings before Customs and Border Control.
- Represented Sony before the United States International Trade Commission in multiple patent litigations involving magnetic tape cartridges. Certain Magnetic Data Storage Tapes and Cartridges Containing the Same, 337-TA-1012, 1036, -1058, -1076.
- Represented Sony before the United States International Trade Commission in investigation involving digital phones and media players. Certain Portable Devices and Components Thereof, 337-TA-994.
- Represented BTG International before the United States International Trade Commission in investigation involving antibody-based snake antivenom compositions. Certain Antivenom Compositions and Products Containing the Same, 337-TA-903.
- Represented Sony before the United States International Trade Commission in patent litigation involving technologies ranging from graphics and computer processing to liquid crystal displays. Point-to-Point Network Communication Devices and Products Containing Same, 337-TA-836.
District Court Experience
- Currently representing Google before the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in a two separate patent litigations concerning low-precision, high-dynamic range computing.
- Represented Google/Best Buy before the Western District of Texas in patent litigation concerning tablet display covers with keyboards, leading to favorable settlement and dismissal.
- Represented Google before the District of Delaware in patent litigation concerning geospatial monitoring in mobile devices, leading to voluntary dismissal by plaintiff before any litigation took place.
- Represented ACTIV Financial Systems before the Northern District of Illinois in complex 16-patent litigation relating to financial market data systems and field programmable gate arrays, leading to favorable settlement and dismissal.
- Represented EMC before the District of Delaware in a five patent litigation concerning data protection technologies, leading to a jury verdict in EMC’s favor.
- Represented iWalk, Inc. (now BiOM) before the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in offensive and defensive patent litigations against a competitor concerning bionic ankle and foot prostheses. Libbie’s responsibilities included drafting Markman briefs.
- Represented Amphenol in defending inter partes review proceeding concerning electrical connector technology.
- Represented ACTIV Financial Systems in inter partes review proceeding concerning financial market data systems.
- Chair of the AIPLA ITC Committee
- ITC Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Ranked among the top 5% of most active patent litigators—out of 17,052 attorneys—representing defendants in Patexia’s Patent Litigation Intelligence Report
- Ranked among the top 4% of most active patent litigators at the ITC—out of 4,768 attorneys—representing respondents or complainants in Patexia’s ITC Intelligence Report
- Recognized on the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Repeatedly named to the list of Massachusetts Rising Stars by Super Lawyers
- Recognized by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as an “Up & Coming Lawyers” (2021)
Commission Finds Violation and Affirms No Indefiniteness Where Previous IPR Declaration Undermined Respondents Indefiniteness Positions
Federal Circuit Rules that the Commission Cannot Adjudicate an Invalidity Challenge Raised by a Non-party in a Petition for Rescission
Cross-Roads of Patent Litigation and IPR Practice
Wolf Greenfield Attorneys Named to 2023 Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Lists
48 Wolf Greenfield Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2024
Wolf Greenfield’s Washington, DC Office Profiled in Law360 Pulse
IPMI 2023 IP Law & Management Institute
October 16, 2023 | Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, Bonita Springs, FL
IPWatchdog LIVE 2023
September 17, 2023 | Herndon, VA
IPWatchdog: Patent Litigation Masters™ 2023
May 15, 2023 | IPWatchdog Studio l Ashburn, VA