Lin Li helps clients with IP issues, such as patent portfolio development and dispute resolutions. Lin is experienced in advising clients from industry leading start-ups to multinational companies, and appreciates the need to provide strategies tailored to each client’s unique goals in developing their IP.
Lin has drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications, provided dozens of freedom-to-operate opinions, and supported pre-litigation efforts, such as prior art search, invalidity, and infringement analyses. Bilingual in Chinese and English, Lin has advised clients on cross-border issues, such as developing effective and economic global filing strategies and dispute resolutions.
Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Lin had over a decade of experience working in a multinational technology company and as a technology specialist at Wolf Greenfield. As a result, Lin is experienced in a wide range of technologies, such as artificial intelligence, augmented and virtual reality, digital health (telehealth, wearable device, therapeutics, drug discovery), energy (storage, electric charging infrastructure), semiconductors, and 5G.
- Drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications.
- Provided dozens of freedom-to-operate opinions.
- Supported pre-litigation efforts in US courts and before PTAB, such as prior art search, invalidity, and infringement contentions.
- Developed response strategies for clients in defending post-grant challenges in China.
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- The Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court
- Best Paper Award at IEEE Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (2008)
- Trustee Academic Scholarship, Law School Dean's Scholarship, and Honorable Mention Brief Award in Legal Practice Skills from Suffolk University
- Member of George Mason Law School’s team in 2021 Giles Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition