Jessica von Reyn focuses her practice on US and foreign patent prosecution in the biotechnology space. She has worked with a diverse array of clients, including start-ups, universities, smaller companies, and large corporations. Jessica has extensive knowledge in the areas of RNA therapeutics, cell engineering, antibodies, gene therapies, and medical devices.
Jessica also has experience in prosecuting biotechnology patents relating to immune response modulators, drug delivery, antibodies, cell culture, assay design, nucleic acid sequencing, antisense nucleic acid therapeutics, and peptides.
Prior to joining Wolf Greenfield, Jessica was a research technician in the University of Vermont College of Medicine’s Vermont Lung Center, where she researched mechanisms of lung biology and disease, including aspiration-related lung injury progression, in both laboratory and clinical settings. Her work predominantly focused on the effects of gastroesophageal reflux (microaspiration) and the resulting airway hyperresponsiveness, in asthmatic patients.
Jessica has co-authored several publications relating to her research, in addition to several chapters exploring the intersection of information technology, healthcare, and intellectual property protection.
- Public Interest Law Foundation Scholar
- Wisconsin Idea Scholar
- Tetenev K, Cloutier ME, von Reyn JA, Ather JL, Candon J, Allen GB. Synergy between acid and endotoxin in an experimental model of aspiration-related lung injury progression. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015 Nov 15;309(10):L1103-11.
- Allen GB, Leclair TR, von Reyn JA, Larrabee YC, Cloutier ME, Irvin CG, Bates JH. Acid aspiration-induced airways hyperresponsiveness in mice. J Appl Physiol. 2009 Dec;107(6):1763-70.
- Afia K. Asamoah, Sally Wang, Jessica A. von Reyn, and David J. Dykeman. “Electronic Health and Mobile Health Medical Technology: Platforms of Innovation,” Health Care IT (Arthur Peabody, ed., ABA Books) (2013).
- David J. Dykeman, Afia K. Asamoah, Jessica A. von Reyn, and Sally Wang. “Medical Devices in the Digital Age,” Health Care IT (Arthur Peabody, ed., ABA Books) (2013).
- Jessica von Reyn, Amritava Das, and Linda F. Hogle. “Beyond the Checkboxes: Research Integrity for Regenerative Biology Researchers,” Regenerative Medicine Ethics: Governing Research and Knowledge Practices (Linda Hogle, ed., Springer Press) (2013).