We’re pleased to feature Justin Colannino in this episode of Wolf Greenfield’s Alumni Spotlight series. Justin was an associate in Wolf Greenfield’s Litigation Practice from 2014-2017. He also worked closely with the firm’s Electrical & Computer Technologies Practice.
Today, Justin serves as Assistant General Counsel for Open Source, Standards and Open ML at Microsoft. He runs a team that oversees legal processes to enable open source engagement at massive scale.
Here are some highlights from Justin’s turn in the Alumni Spotlight on IP Talk with Wolf Greenfield.
- 00:51 - Justin’s current role at Microsoft
- 03:41 - Open source’s impact on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- 05:28 - These are the early days of AI and ML
- 06:06 - What it was like going from Wolf Greenfield to becoming an in-house counsel
- 08:45 - Solving legal problems, managing risk, and keeping a focus on what is in Microsoft’s best interest
- 09:35 - What Justin enjoys most about his current position
- 12:20 – What experiences at Wolf Greenfield prepared Justin for his current role at Microsoft.
- 14:12 - Justin’s favorite Wolf Greenfield memory
- 15:08 - A book recommendation from Justin
- 16:55 - Justin’s favorite place to unwind
Are you a Wolf Greenfield alum? Visit our alumni page to learn about the ways you can stay connected to the firm and other alums.