Jennifer Wang focuses her practice on patent preparation and prosecution, opinion work, diligence, patent litigation, and post-grant proceedings. She is experienced in US and foreign patent prosecution, utility and design patent prosecution, freedom-to-operate, landscape, and patentability studies, IP due diligence, and inter partes review (IPR). Jen has worked with clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and develops comprehensive patent portfolio strategies that fit the business goals of her clients.
Jen works with clients in a wide range of technological fields, including consumer products, medical devices, manufacturing equipment, sporting goods, injection molding equipment, genome sequencing, and robotics.
- Worked closely with several start-up companies to secure critical cornerstone patents where prosecution had previously been difficult.
- Conducted extensive freedom-to-operate and patentability studies in the medical device space.
- Developed strategies for designing products around competitor patents in the consumer products space.
- Worked with clients to develop a portfolio strategy using a mix of utility and design patents.
- Assisted with acquisition due diligences.
- Boston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow (2021)
Jen has been repeatedly recognized on the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list by The Best Lawyers in America®. She has also been repeatedly named to the list of Massachusetts Rising Stars by Super Lawyers
Jen graduated summa cum laude from Suffolk University Law School with a concentration in Intellectual Property, with distinction. She placed first in the 2012 Honorable Water H. McLaughlin Appellate Advocacy Competition. She also received Best Brief and Best Oral Advocate awards in Legal Practice Skills, as well as an Academic Leadership Scholarship.
Jen is a member of the Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society.