The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. This position will offer support to Management in areas related to maintaining records and administration, HR systems, employee relations, benefits, events, training and development, employment and additional duties as needed.
- Assists department with the coordination and support related to department initiatives. Including but not limited to mailings, drafting of letters, filing, coordination of internal events, scheduling and coordinating meetings/trainings.
- Performs data entry and data record keeping with a variety of vendors or systems, including HRIS data entry. Updates vendors with employee change information (address, name, dependent, contact information).
- Maintains change information in emergency notification system called Send Word Now.
- Maintains and updates intranet site for the human resources department to ensure pertinent information is up to date.
- Maintains personnel files, including administering all filing for personnel files.
- Assists with maintaining compliance posters and postings as it relates to federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Assists employee questions as its relates to policies, firm procedures and benefit programs.
- Processes departmental invoices and coordinates with departments and finance to ensure timely payment.
- Works closely with benefits and payroll and conducts payroll deduction audits or other types of audits to ensure pristine change data for all department systems.
- Works closely with Benefits Administrator and conducts employee benefit meetings, including new hire benefits orientations, open enrollment meetings, etc. Acts as work flow back up to Benefits Administrator as needed.
- Participates in the coordination of employee and firm events and trainings. (winter party, quarterly café events, wine downs). As needed collaborates with members of the Fun and Charitable Committees.
- Coordinates other events such as administrative professionals’ day, service awards, new employee luncheons, employee gifts (welcoming a child, marriage, etc.), logo apparel store and other new initiatives.
- Maintains up to date job descriptions for non-legal positions.
- Provides stellar customer support to internal and external customers with the willingness to always to that extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participates in additional departmental projects and priorities as requested.
- Bachelor level degree along with 1+ years of experience in an administrative/HR capacity in professional services preferred.
- Basic knowledge of benefit and human resources related procedures preferred.
- Expert technical skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as the aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Highly organized, accurate and strong attention to detail along with the ability to prioritize and plan work independently.
- Must be dependable, professional and confident. And be able to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work under the pressure of constant and changing deadlines.
- Experience working all levels of firm management, attorneys, staff, candidates, and vendors in a positive and professional capacity.
To apply for this opening, please click here.