The International Filing Paralegal works as part of a team that provides firm-wide service for foreign patent prosecution.
- Files PCT, National Phase, Design and US National applications; maintains all types of foreign patent application from filing through grant. Corresponds with foreign associates regarding new filings and existing patent applications.
- Monitors deadlines for assigned caseload and prioritizes work accordingly to ensure that all foreign deadlines are satisfied.
- Reviews incoming correspondence, confirms docketing, processes invoices, and reports to client as required.
- Coordinates with attorneys for responses to official actions and other actions requiring substantive feedback.
- Provides resource to firm members concerning foreign patent rules.
- Completes all responsibilities in compliance with the firm's policies, processes and procedures.
- Assists with maintenance and quality control of digital files for assigned caseload.
- Assist attorneys with projects related to foreign applications/patents as needed including but not limited to title perfections, file intake, status reports, budgets, due diligence, etc.
- Assists other paralegals within group, as required.
- Billing goal of 1200 hours annually.
- 3-5 years of prior experience with foreign filing and/or patent prosecution required.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required.
- Must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work as a team member and to work independently and analytically.
- Must be attentive to detail, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to prioritize tasks.
- Must possess competency in IP related software applications
- Knowledge of CPI and IPDAS software is a plus.
To apply for this opening, please click here.