Wolf Greenfield is among two law firms that are finalists in the IP Team of the Year category at the Luxury Law Awards 2023. This award seeks to single out an intellectual property team that has advised on a cutting-edge IP matter for a luxury client. The judges look for evidence of technical legal skill, innovation, team working, client satisfaction, and the value delivered to the client. Wolf Greenfield is shortlisted for helping Thom Browne, Inc., a luxury fashion brand based in New York City, win a widely publicized trademark trial.
Wolf Greenfield achieved a victory on behalf of Thom Browne, Inc. in a trademark infringement lawsuit brought by adidas in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York. Covered by media outlets such as The New York Times, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, Business Insider, ABC, BBC, CNN, Vogue Business, and more, the trial ended with a unanimous decision in which a Manhattan federal jury found Thom Browne did not infringe or dilute adidas’s alleged “Three-Stripe Mark.”
The Wolf Greenfield team consisted of Rob Maldonado, Tonia Sayour, John Strand, John L. Welch, Bryan Conley, Aya Cieslak-Tochigi, Quincy Kayton, Kira-Khanh McCarthy, and Marie McKiernan. The team worked closely with Harley Lewin of LewinConsult, LLC.
The Luxury Law Awards recognize the skills needed to guide luxury businesses and their brands to profitable success. Organized in conjunction with Luxury Law Summit London, the awards will be presented at the conference, which is being held at London’s British Museum on June 13. The judging panel is made up of leading luxury GCs as well as executives, analysts, and commentators. Learn more.
- Wolf Greenfield Wins IP Team of the Year at Luxury Law Awards
- Wolf Greenfield Helps Thom Browne Win Widely Publicized Trademark Trial
- Robert Maldonado Quoted by The AmLaw Litigation Daily on Successfully Defending Thom Browne
- Robert Maldonado Interviewed by The Global Legal Post on Successfully Defending Thom Browne & Takeaways for Luxury Brands
- Tonia Sayour and John Strand Quoted by World Trademark Review on Brand Building in Fashion