David Cauble counsels clients regarding filing strategy, portfolio development, and IP risk management in relation to chemical and pharmaceutical technologies. He has extensive experience with patent preparation and prosecution, appeals and post grant challenges, landscape analysis, and opinions.
David has in-depth knowledge in the areas of complex organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and drug development, nucleic acid-based therapeutics, including encapsulation and delivery technologies, and is a co- inventor on six US patents.
David was formerly a Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemist at Schering-Plough Research Institute, and prior to that a chemist with a North Carolina start-up. Before attending law school, he performed his doctoral and postdoctoral studies at the University of Texas at Austin and Stanford University.
- Manages international patent portfolios covering several clinical candidate compounds.
- Drafts and prosecutes patent applications for pharmaceutical companies, universities, research institutes, and hospitals in areas of small molecule and oligonucleotide compositions, synthesis methods, therapeutic methods, and screening methodologies.
- Prepares patent landscapes and competitive intelligence reports in connection with industrial drug discovery programs.
- Prepares validity opinions in connection with licensing and investment transactions.
- American Chemical Society
- Boston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Repeatedly named to The Best Lawyers in America®
- Ranked among the Top 100 Best Performing Attorneys in Biotech Patent Prosecution by Patexia, Inc.
- Repeatedly named to the list of Massachusetts Rising Stars by Super Lawyers