Anant Saraswat represents companies in the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), federal court, and the International Trade Commission (ITC) in intellectual property cases involving technologies such as cloud computing, computer architecture, wireless communications, semiconductor fabrication, light emitting diodes, medical devices, and automotive components. Anant has experience with numerous aspects of intellectual property litigation including taking and defending depositions, drafting and arguing motions, Markman briefing and argument, preparing witnesses for trial, and writing appeal briefs. Anant also has experience drafting inter partes review petitions for submission to the United States Patent Office.
In addition, Anant maintains an active pro bono practice. He represents two classes of immigration detainees in federal court in challenges to the government’s practice of detaining certain individuals without eligibility for bond hearings. Anant also successfully represented a Navy veteran in an appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Prior to law school, Anant was a software engineer at Oracle Corporation from 2003–2006, and was also a member of the Worker and Immigrant Rights Advocacy Clinic and the Allard K. Lowenstein International Human Rights Clinic. His experiences in the clinics included briefing and arguing a successful immigration appeal at the Second Circuit; briefing and arguing successful motions to suppress evidence and terminate removal proceedings on behalf of clients detained in an immigration raid in New Haven, Connecticut; drafting portions of an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in Iqbal v. Ashcroft; and assisting in defeating a motion to dismiss a lawsuit against a former Department of Justice official over abusive interrogation practices
Anant clerked for Judge Juan Torruella of the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit from 2011–2012.
Prior to joining Wolf Greenfield, Anant was an associate at an Am Law 10 law firm.
- Representing Google, Inc. in IPR challenging patent on cloud computing infrastructure (Google v. Valtrus)
- Representing Google, Inc. in litigation and IPR related to advanced computer architectures for artificial intelligence (Singular v. Google)
- Represented Google, Inc. in multiple successful IPRs related to mobile chat and photo applications (Google v. Zipit, Google v. Boccone)
- Represented automotive component manufacturer in multi-patent infringement action brought by a competitor in the Western District of Michigan, and also in inter partes review petitions challenging asserted patents.
- Represented respondent in International Trade Commission investigation related to shielded electrical ribbon cables.
- Represented light-emitting diode manufacturer as plaintiff in patent infringement action in the Northern District of California.
- Represented Apple, Inc. in successful defense at trial and the Federal Circuit against claims of infringement of allegedly standards-essential patents related to cellular communications.
- Represented tire manufacturing company in two jury trials in the District of Delaware asserting patents related to tire pressure monitoring system technology.
- Represented biopharmaceutical company in defending $95 million jury verdict against claim construction, invalidity, and damages challenges in appeal to the Federal Circuit.
- Represented traffic safety equipment manufacturer in appeal of infringement verdict to the Federal Circuit.
- South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston, Vice President
- Named to the list of Massachusetts Super Lawyers in the area of intellectual property litigation (2022-2023)
- Named to Boston Magazine's “The Top Lawyers” list (2021-2022)
- Repeatedly recognized on the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Ranked among the top 5% of best performing attorneys practicing before the PTAB by Patexia
- Named by Super Lawyers as a Massachusetts Rising Star in the area of intellectual property litigation (2015-2021)
- Named Board Member of the Year by the South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston (2021)
- Named Mentor of the Year by the South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston (2017)
Continued Uncertainty About Estoppel Highlights the Importance of Preparing Carefully
IPR Estoppel May Apply to Product-Based Defenses
Be Careful What You Wish For Post-SAS
Wolf Greenfield Attorneys Named to 2023 Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Lists
Wolf Greenfield Named Among Top Law Firms for PTAB IPRs for Seventh Year
48 Wolf Greenfield Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2024
Boston College Law School: Introduction to Careers in IP Law
November 15, 2023 | Boston College Law School, Newton, MA
SABA North America Annual Conference 2023
July 20, 2023 | Boston Park Plaza, Boston, MA
Boston Bar Association Webinar: Strategies for Success
June 8, 2022 | Virtual