Rob Sahr develops strategies for life science companies to maximize exclusivity for therapeutic and diagnostic products. Rob assists clients with building global patent portfolios aligned with product life cycle, and advises clients on regulatory exclusivities, patent term extensions, Orange Book listings, and biosimilars.
In addition to pharma and biotech companies, Rob works with universities, research institutions, and venture capital investors, providing patentability and freedom-to-operate assessments, non-infringement and invalidity opinions, performing IP diligence, and preparing agreements.
Rob has also assisted federal grant recipients and contractors with Bayh-Dole compliance, including use of iEdison.
Rob has worked extensively in technologies including antibodies, vaccines, chimeric antigen receptors, cell therapies, synthetic biology, medical devices, imaging agents, biologics, and small molecules for new disease indications.
Before beginning his career in the law, Rob was a neuroscientist engaged in drug discovery at Eli Lilly and Company.
Rob is an excellent strategist who helps life sciences companies to expand and protect their patent portfolios.
- Implementing and executing global exclusivity strategies for polypeptide, antibody, and cell therapies for multinational pharmaceutical companies.
- Building of worldwide patent portfolio for repurposed small molecule.
- Responding to government agency investigations regarding Bayh-Dole compliance.
- Conducting IP diligence of biotech companies for acquisition or investment.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Boston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Life Sciences Law360 Editorial Advisory Board
- Massbio MassCONNECT mentor
- Repeatedly recognized in the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals
- Named to Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers list
- “Supreme Court ruling raises concerns about pharmaceutical, tech patents,” quoted, Boston Business Journal, January 2019.
- “Latest CAFC Ruling in Cleveland Clinic Case Confirms that USPTO’s 101 Guidance Holds Little Weight,” quoted IP Watchdog, April 2019.
- BIO International Convention (2018), moderator, “Are Your Pharmaceutical Patents at Risk?”
- “Does the US Government Have Rights to Your IP Under Bayh-Dole?” speaker, Life Sciences Patent Network North America, April 2018.
- "Inside FDA Regulation of Antibody Drug Conjugates,” co-author, Intellectual Property Law360, July 2015.
- "Have Prometheus & Myriad Changed the World?” speaker, presentation to Blavatnik Fellows in Life Science Entrepreneurship at Harvard Business School, Boston, October 2013.
- “The Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act: Innovation Must Come Before Price Competition,” author, Boston College Intellectual Property & Technology Forum, July 2009.
Rob Sahr Quoted by IPWatchdog on In re Cellect
IAM Patent 1000 Ranks Wolf Greenfield Nationally, Recognizes 15 Attorneys in 2023 Guide
Wolf Greenfield Attorneys Named to Boston Magazine’s 2022 Top Lawyers List
IPWatchdog: Life Sciences Masters™ 2023
October 16, 2023 | IPWatchdog Studios l Ashburn, VA
21st Advanced Summit on Life Sciences Patents
May 18, 2023 | New York, NY
Life Sciences Masters: Double Patenting, Double Trouble: Continuations, Terminal Disclaimers, and Interplay with PTA and PTE
October 26, 2022 | Ashburn, VA