Randy Pritzker co-chairs the firm's Electrical & Computer Technologies Practice. He has over 25 years of experience, all at Wolf Greenfield, providing a full spectrum of intellectual property legal services to clients ranging from industry leading start-up and multi-national companies to investment outfits to top tier academic institutions. Randy is based in Boston, but also supports clients from the firm's New York office.
Clients rely on Randy as a trusted advisor because of his significant and broad IP legal experience and business acumen, along with his client service ethic. Randy has a particular focus on strategically advising clients to achieve business goals through patent and trade secret protection and portfolio management, IP due diligence, licensing, freedom to operate and infringement risk avoidance counseling, as well as complex patent litigation when necessary.
He successfully counsels start-ups on IP strategies to build barriers to entry to competitors and attract financing. He also has extensive experience defending companies targeted by patent suits from non-practicing entities, including successfully employing post-grant procedures such as reexamination and inter partes review (IPR). In addition, Randy has developed an efficient and valuable process of conducting IP due diligence on behalf of investors and companies involved in deals, becoming one of the leading practitioners in the country on IP due diligence. Randy also has proficiency in monetizing patents.
Randy prides himself on providing proactive, responsive, quality counsel at reasonable fees, always considering client goals and promoting optimal IP strategies for achieving them. He works zealously on behalf of each client on each matter and is not satisfied without a "win." He also employs teams of people with relevant technical and legal experience to optimally handle each and every client and matter.
Clients Randy regularly represents stem from industries such as blockchain technology, electronics, software, gaming and other computer-related fields, telecommunications, optics, defense, healthcare, medical devices, financial services, and consumer products. In particular, he has significant experience in the semiconductor field, as well as in imaging and medical devices for diagnosing and treating medical diseases. A growing area in which Randy has experience includes artificial intelligence and deep learning for various applications.
Among Randy’s many high-profile clients are major consumer products companies, electronics and software companies, defense contractors, venture capitalists and investment banks, academic institutions, and start-up companies. Exemplary clients that look to Randy for counsel include Sony Corporation, MediaTek, Delta Electronics, Nikon, MIT, Harvard University, Butterfly Network, Quantum-Si, Flatiron Health, Franklin Sports, and Panera Bread, to name a few.
Randy also is actively involved in Boston’s venture capital community, and he travels to Japan regularly to visit with his many valued Japanese clients.
Randy Pritzker can handle the most complex patent matters of all.
He’s very responsive and very willing to help us meet our business objectives.
Randy Pritzker is a first-rate patent prosecution and IPR counsel. He provides practical advice in response to third party assertions and general legal counseling. He is able to simplify complicated arguments and provide pushback where appropriate.
Randy is great. He is very good on the technical side.
Randy and the others are great with response, turnaround and doing what they say they will do.
Randy is very good at offering his services to do trainings. He does that for free. We have varying levels of experience and always have new people, so the training is important, and it’s not something we have the time to do in house.
Wolf Greenfield is an important relationship to us, and I have a very good rapport with Randy. He is very responsive, even when on vacation. He also gives us free advice.
- Provided strategic advice on the development and oversaw the management of large patent portfolios of electronics and software companies, providing value and entry barriers to competitors.
- Oversaw and developed patent portfolio for several companies that grew from early stage start-ups to publicly traded companies through public offerings and acquisitions, defending diligence, for which the patent portfolios added significant monetary value
- Provided strategic counseling and management of major patent litigations for large multinational companies, both on prosecution and defense sides, all ending successfully either through judgment or settlement.
- Strategically counseled numerous early-stage companies on IP strategies that protect core technology and reduce infringement risk, positioning them to raise capital and achieve desired exit strategies.
- Advised major consumer products companies on product clearance, third-party contested matters, and patent protection schemes, including in Asia.
- Developed a cost-effective, widely used IP due diligence process for counseling investors and acquirers on evaluating the IP positions of companies prior to investment or acquisition.
- Advised companies and oversaw successful post-grant procedures including reexaminations and IPR.
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Repeatedly named to the list of Massachusetts Super Lawyers in the field of intellectual property law
- Repeatedly recognized in the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals
- Repeatedly named to The Best Lawyers in America®
- Among the top performing and most active practitioners representing petitioners in Patexia's IPR Intelligence Report