Dan Young is a very creative and thoughtful lawyer. Dan's ability to think creatively and deeply is a skill that I value.
Dan Young is our go‐to partner and a great strength for the firm. He is highly responsive, efficient both himself and with his oversight of his team, and a thoughtful and creative attorney.
- Secured patents that survived invalidity challenges at the District Court level and before the PTAB
- Partnered with technical experts to conduct product investigations that informed patent litigation strategy against third-party competitors leading to findings of infringement
- Developed patent strategy and portfolio development for companies in the rare disease space and in the biologics space, including antibody, bispecific/multispecifics, and antibody drug conjugates as well as viral and non-viral gene therapy systems, including DNA and RNA based vectors
- Developed and analyzed patents involving nucleic acids such as RNA interference, CRISPR, miRNA, gapmers, exon-skipping, and other oligonucleotide formats as well as nucleic acid sequencing technologies
- Secured patents supporting findings of infringement leading to damages in the millions
- Conducted expert interviews and worked with experts in developing testimony for litigation, EP oppositions, and patent prosecution maters
- Collaborated with European counsel to develop and execute successful oppositions strategies.
- Provided special counsel to bankruptcy trustees in relation to intellectual property, and assisted with maintenance, valuation, and transfers of such assets
- Drafted and negotiated patent license agreements
- Counseled clients on Bayh-Dole issues, including domestic manufacturing waivers and third-party assignment requests
- Developed and executed coordinated portfolio development strategies addressing double patenting issues as well as patent term adjustment and patent term extension concerns
- Co-chair, Boston Intellectually Property Law Association (BIPLA) pro bono committee
- Past-President, BIPLA, formerly the Boston Patent Law Association (BPLA)
- Named to the The Best Lawyers in America®
- Repeatedly named to the list of Massachusetts Rising Stars by Super Lawyers
- Sigma Xi
- Phi Delta Phi
48 Wolf Greenfield Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2024
Wolf Greenfield’s Washington, DC Office Profiled in Law360 Pulse
Wolf Greenfield Continues Expansion with New Office in Washington, DC
IPWatchdog: Life Sciences Masters™ 2023
October 16, 2023 | IPWatchdog Studios l Ashburn, VA
BIO International Convention 2023
June 6, 2023 | Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, Boston, MA
LSPN North America 2022
May 11, 2022 | Boston Conference and Exhibition Center
Dan enjoys hockey, golf, boating, cycling, and spending time with family.